The epitome of long distance rides in the UK. How else could you get to see so much of the UK in one cycling trip.
For 2018 I will be offering 2 routes. A shorter (if a 900+ mile ride can ever be called short!) or for those that might like a harder and certainly hillier version, a proposed 1500+ mile trip that will take in the National Parks of Dartmoor, Exmoor, Brecon Beacons, Snowdonia, the Peak District, Yorkshire Dales, the Lake District, Loch Lomond and the Cairngorms and will finish up and along the West and North coasts of Scotland – arguably containing the finest scenery that this island has to offer and will include the Bealach na Ba – some would say the best climb in the land.
Expect to ride around 80 miles per day which should allow plenty of time for cafe stops and taking photos. Both routes will wherever possible stay on smaller, quieter roads – even is this means a few miles extra riding.
Both trips will be fully supported with vehicle back up and riders can be met every 20 – 30 miles if needed with tea and cakes provided. GPX files and a full set of turn by turn route notes will be provided.
Price and Dates for Lands End to John O’Groats 2018
₤1600 per person
9 – 23 June 2018
£2100 per person (tbc)
30 June 2018 – 18 July 2018
- Travel to Lands End (pick up from various locations) and from John O’Groats to a mutually convenient drop off point
- 14 or 19 days fully supported ride from Lands End to John O’Groats
- GPX files and complete set of turn by turn route notes for the entire ride
- Drinks, snacks and lunch provided on riding days
- Bed and Breakfast accommodation – may be on a shared basis and may include Youth Hostels
If you have any questions about this trip please email me