Corsica, the “Isle of Beauty”, is a mini mountain range in the Mediterranean Sea just to the North of Sardinia. It has long been a popular walkers destination with its classic GR20 long distance walk. And on an island that measures only 180km by 80 km there is a fantastic amount of road cycling to be had with in excess of 150 cols to be conquered.
Corsica has been French since 1769, has a proud and independent people with its own language and culture. The climate of Corsica means that earlier and later biking trips are possible when the Alps and Pyrenees are still (or about to be) covered in snow.
Join YJCH on one of its inaugural Corsican holidays in May or September 2018. We will be running 8 day adventures, with a planned 14 day trip for May 2019, following the Randonnee des Cols Corse; 1500km, 154 cols, 26000m of ascent, a truly magnificent adventure. Route details are being finalised and will follow our blueprint of using quieter roads where possible with a bundle of climbing in beautiful scenery. Daily distance ridden will be between 90 and 110km.
Price and Dates for Corsica 2018
19 May – 26 May 2018
26 May – 2 June 2018
1 – 8 September 2018
- Luggage and your bike transported out and back
- Pick up from Bastia Airport – transfer to first nights accommodation
- 7 days fully supported riding
- GPX files and route notes provided
- Drinks, snacks and lunch provided on riding days
- 8 nights bed and breakfast accommodation on a shared basis
- Transfer to Bastia airport
Please get in touch if you would like to know more about this trip.