Pedal from the Irish Sea, starting from Whitehaven, to the North Sea, either Tynemouth or Sunderland on this guided or self guided and supported cycling holiday on the Coast to Coast route. Or how about the Way of the Roses, riding from Morecambe to Bridlington.
The C2C route crosses some of the most beautiful parts of the country, including the Lake District, Eden Valley and the Pennines.
The C2C route is 136 miles long making it ideal if you have never done a longer cycle tour before. There are a few hills on the way but there’ll be plenty of time for cafe stops and to take pictures. The Way of the Roses is slightly longer at 170 miles.
On the C2C ride expect to cycle up to 80 miles on the Saturday, 56 on the Sunday on the 2 day trip.
This trip is intended for road/hybrid bikes and will not include any of the technical off road sections. However the route does contain roads that are not in the best of condition as well as a few hard packed forestry type tracks that although a little bumpy can be ridden on a road bike – 25 or 28 mm tyres recommended. Don’t worry if you have a flat handle barred bike, these are absolutely fine. If you need any advice on bikes please email us.
Price and Dates for Coast to Coast 2017 and 2018
₤195 per person 2 days, ₤295 per person 3 days
Can’t do any of the dates below? Midweek bespoke bookings available
Now booking for 2018, please enquire
Available every weekend from May to September
- 2 or 3 nights Bed and Breakfast accommodation, may be shared rooms
- 2 or 3 days fully supported riding on the Coast to Coast ride
- Vehicle support with drinks and snacks provided
- Baggage transfer
- gpx files if required and all maps and description of the entire route
- Pick up from Windermere, Oxenholme or Penrith. Transport to start
- Return transport for you and your bike to either the start, the Lake District or a mutually convenient location to help with your homeward travel
If you have any questions about this trip please email me