For those that like their Cycling and Hillwalking. The National 3 Peaks Challenge is a well known trip that walks up the highest mountains of Scotland, England and Wales (Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon), often within 24 hours.
Join us on this mighty challenge that has a slightly more leisurely approach towards the walking (only 1 summit a day) but with the added ‘bonus’ of cycling between the 3 mountain areas.
Some figures. The hill walks will take between 5 and 6 hours, with a goodly amount of uphill. The amount of walking uphill does get more on each hill but we do this trip from Snowdonia to Scotland in an effort to take advantage of prevailing winds. The riding sections will be between 80 and 120 miles per day (or to suit) and will travel through some of the most stunning parts of the country including Snowdonia, the Lake District and Lochaber.
Price and Dates for National 3 Peaks Cycling Challenge – 2017 and 2018
Bespoke bookings for groups or
23 June – 30 June 2018, £599 based on 6 booking
Bespoke ₤350 – ₤800 per person
Final price dependent on group size and number of days
Prices can be kept down by using Youth Hostel type accommodation (will use private rooms where available though)
- Bed and Breakfast accommodation, may be shared rooms
- Mountain days with a qualified and insured Mountain Instructor – or you can self guide on the hill if confident and experienced hill walkers
- Supported self-guided riding from Pen y Pass in Snowdonia to Fort William, Scotland via Wasdale Head
- GPX files and full route notes
- Vehicle support with drinks, snacks and lunches on riding days
- Travel to Snowdonia from the Lakes if helpful. Pick up from Chester mainline station (subject to availability)
- Drop off at convenient location for journey home (Glasgow Airport or mainline station), the Lake District or at a mutually convenient location
If you have any questions about this trip please email me